The Association of International Accountants (AIA) has unveiled its new streamlined professional qualification.
It means the number of exams for those taking the AIA accountancy route has been reduced from 16 to just 10, and for those taking the auditor route the number of exams drops from 17 to 11.
Available worldwide, students can choose to study entirely online with AIA Achieve Academy, or through a combination of online and face-to-face teaching.
AIA believes it’s new professional qualification offers:
- A quicker, more affordable route to becoming a qualified accountant or statutory auditor.
- Increased focus on the wide range of business and finance skills needed by practitioners.
- Greater portability of skills between business sectors through optional papers.
- Greater accessibility. Students can choose between studying online from any location, or through a combination of online and face-to-face teaching.
- Online assessment throughout the qualification.
- Stand-alone paper in ethics to enhance critical thinking in relation to professional ethics.
AIA President, Shahram Moallemi, said: “We are excited to launch the new AIA professional qualification which will equip accountants with the skills and tools needed to thrive in the changing world of finance. The streamlined qualification offers an exciting new route to qualification with an increased emphasis on core skills and ethics to support accountants in their careers.”
For more information visit: www.aiaworldwide.com/study/aia-qualifications