ACCA has announced that the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University is closing in 2026.
However, if you are currently working towards the BSc there is still time for you to complete the programme.
Students will need to complete the following by May 2026:
- All Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills exams, including passing Financial Reporting (FR), Audit and Assurance (AA) and Financial Management (FM) exams.
- The ACCA Ethics and Professional Skills module.
- Submission of OBU Research and Analysis Project.
Full details of the final completion deadlines, including final opportunities to submit your Research and Analysis Project (RAP), are:
May 2026: Final opportunity to register and submit the RAP. Also the final opportunity for RAP resubmission for RAPs submitted prior to May 2026.
November 2026: Any individual who fail the RAP at the May 2026 submission will have one opportunity for a resubmission in November 2026.
December 2026: Closure of the BSc programme, anyone registered on the programme who has yet to meet the assessment criteria will no longer be able to achieve the BSc.
ACCA reminded students it will still offer two other opportunities to obtain a Masters’ degree which are available globally:
- Once you’re an affiliate, you could consider the University of London MSc in Professional Accountancy.
- Once you’re a member, it offers an Oxford Brookes Global MBA.