Job title: Part Qualified Accountant
Location: Glascoed. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £30,000+ depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering financial accounting activities on various accounting systems, including journals, accruals, prepayments, fixed asset accounting, lease accounting, payroll accounting etc.
- Monthly and yearly financial reporting of multiple BAE Systems entities in line with company deadlines
- Examining and analysing financial information and presenting findings (written and verbal) to senior management
- Assisting with ensuring accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Preparing monthly journals including the calculation of accruals and prepayments
- Preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations for accuracy, ensuring the integrity of the Nominal Ledger. This will include the requirement to conduct monthly Balance Sheet reviews / aged reconciling item reviews with Financial Controllers / Finance Directors
Your skills and experiences:
- Part qualified accounting professional, ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
- Operational experience in a finance team with good understanding of Financial Controls and Data Protection regulations Strong analytical skills and a vigilant approach to problem solving – experience in Financial Accounting which could include journals, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed assets, payroll accounting, leases, accruals, prepayments, provisions
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence manage senior stakeholders including explaining complex data / principles to non-finance professionals
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle and Hyperion (desirable)
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with a vigilant approach to problem solving (desirable)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Shared Services Financial Accounting team:
As part of Shared Services, the Financial Accounting team provide a number of finance activities to business units across BAE Systems. The activities undertaken within the team include Financial Reporting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Leasing Accounting, Payroll Accounting, and General Accounting (accruals, prepayments, and provisions) which are carried out using various technologies including robotics. The Financial Accounting team is part of a large Finance function within BAE Systems with many opportunities for progression.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Applications close on 5 September. For more go to: https://www.gaapweb.com/job/4167814/accountant-part-qualified-/